If you want to make your website more visible to your users, you need to have a firm grip on SEO. Without a robust SEO strategy, it is difficult to do well in the online landscape. However, SEO is a dynamic field, and changes here happen frequently. Search engines keep changing their algorithms to deliver the best possible result for each search query. After all, they want to provide the best customer experience to every user. Hence, if you want to make your website more visible, you need to remain current on all the SEO developments.
That is the reason why website owners should know a thing or two about what works in the field of SEO and what doesn’t. It is in this context that you need to understand what is white hat SEO.
Let us, therefore. Take you through what is white hat SEO and things that you need to know about it.
What is white hat SEO?
According to the Webopedia, “in search engine optimization (SEO) terminology, white hat SEO refers to the usage of optimization strategies, techniques, and tactics that focus on a human audience opposed to search engines and completely follows search engine rules and policies.”
White hat SEO is SEO tactics that are legitimate and are in line with the policies of the major search engines, which include Google.
White hat SEO are practices that help improve your search rankings on a SERP where you need to maintain the integrity of your website and follow the terms of service of the search engine/s. The tactics should stay within the parameters of Google.
Some white hat SEO examples include:
- You should offer high-quality content and services.
- Your website should load fast.
- Your website should be mobile-friendly.
- You should use descriptive and keyword-rich meta tags.
- You should ensure that your website is easy to navigate.
- On the other hand, black hat SEO tactics are illegitimate, which includes purchasing links or using misleading cloaking techniques. Following black hat
- SEO tactics is risky because as Google Algorithms evolve, they are less likely to work for your website.
Why is it important for you to focus on white hat SEO techniques?
It is important for businesses to engage only in white hat SEO techniques because failure to do so can result in Google and other search engines banning your site.
And, Google being the number one search engine, there is no way you can ignore it. Billions visit Google every day, and the prospect of finding new visitors organically cannot and should not be ignored if you want to do well on the online circuit.
Hence, if you want to get traffic on the most powerful search engine, you need to play the game according to their rules and policies. You cannot afford to get blacklisted on Google because it could mean a drastic drop in traffic for your website on the most commonly used search engine. You certainly don’t want to harm your business interests.
After all, you toil hard to develop your website and make a mark for yourself in the business world. And, following unethical practice/s can ruin your effort. You certainly don’t want to tread the path of destruction. Therefore, that is why it is important for you to follow the white hat SEO techniques.
You should, therefore, check out the details of Google-approved SEO techniques at Webmaster Guidelines. It is the go-to place to learn about Google white hat practices.
How to ensure that your SEO methods are strictly white hat
If you implement white hat SEO practices, it is the best way to create a legitimate, successful, and sustainable website and business.
So, what should you do to follow the white hat SEO techniques?
Some of the ways that can ensure your SEO methods are strictly white hat are:
- You should always ensure that you offer high-quality content and services – It is not for nothing that content is considered the king. What you need to do is create high-quality content for your users, which meets their needs and solves their problems. Do thorough research for your keyword and always use relevant keywords for which you need to optimise your content. Focus on using the relevant keywords in your content, for example, how-to blogs/ articles and videos. Make sure that your content matches the intent of the keyword and that of your end user.
- Make sure that you use descriptive and keyword-rich meta tags – It is important for website owners to understand that meta descriptions are extremely crucial. It is the meta descriptions through which the search engines and your users discover your content. Hence, it is vital for you to use descriptive and keyword-rich meta tags so that the search engines and users can pick up your content quickly.
- You need to ensure that your site is easy to navigate – If your site is not easy to navigate, it is difficult to do well in organic search results. Hence, it is important for website owners to ensure that their site is easy to navigate. Your users should not have difficulty in reaching where they want to go.
- You need to make your website mobile-friendly – Another white hat SEO technique is to make your website mobile-friendly. With the rise in smartphone usage, you need to make sure that your site is mobile-friendly. The user experience should be seamless on all the devices, namely the desktop, laptop, tablets, and smartphones. Google penalizes websites that are not mobile-friendly. Mobile unfriendly websites are known to take a hit in the SERPs.
- Always focus on improving user experience – Providing a good user experience to your audience is extremely important. And, website owners should focus on delivering good user experience because Google and other search engines reward sites that offer an excellent user experience. What you need to do to improve the user experience is to determine your user’s intent and then develop a methodology for seamless navigation. Keep finding what is working for your audience and things that hamper their navigation so that you can offer good user experience to your audience.
- Pay attention to local listing on Google – Mobile search and local search are interrelated, and you cannot ignore any of them. What you need to do is keep your Google My Business profile current, accurate, and up to date.
- Also, focus on link building – Link building is important for the success of your website. What you need is the right kind of links – those that are relevant to your site. The best thing is to earn links. You need to pay attention to both internal as well as external links. Make sure that your external links are trustworthy and authoritative. Never fall for illegal means of getting links for your site because search engines including Google can penalize your site in that case.
If you are looking for a company that can help improve your website visibility and search rankings, you should get in touch with vStacks Software
Solutions now. We are a digital marketing company specializing in the field of SEO, and we can help you climb the search engine rankings.