E-commerce is one vertical that is growing at a steady rate. And, in the years to come, the growth prospects in the e-commerce vertical is set to rise even further. But due to stiff competition in the e-commerce sector, it is not easy to climb the e-commerce success ladder.
So, what should you do to succeed in the e-commerce business?
If you want to do well in the e-commerce landscape, you need to have a smart and robust digital marketing strategy in place. Only a robust digital marketing strategy can drive traffic to your e-commerce site.
Companies use various ways like paid advertising, social media drives, and email marketing campaigns to drive traffic to their site. But these are all paid options.
So, what else can you do to drive traffic to your site?
You should start to blog.
Yes, blogging can help you drive traffic to your website.
Many companies these days leverage the power of blogging (along with other methods) to drive traffic to their site.
In case you are not using blogs to further your e-commerce business, then you are missing big time on opportunities. Here are some of the strong reasons why you need to add blogs to your digital marketing strategy which can help you take your e-commerce business to the next level.
6 reasons why your e-commerce business needs a blog
If you are not blogging because you think your audience is small, you are making a big mistake. Even if your audience is small, you would like it to grow over time, and blogging is one way that can help you increase your audience. Here are six reasons why you need to blog regularly:
- It helps your SEO efforts – Blogging helps your site in terms of SEO, especially if you create relevant content that others like and start linking.So, why does blogging help?Blogging adds more pages to your website which means more internal links point to your homepage.Internal links are desirable, but links from other sites are even better. When your content is shared on social media and other sites link to your site, it can significantly improve your rankings. It is much easier to generate links from relevant content than to generate it from product pages. The more links you generate back to your site, the better are your chances of climbing the search engine rankings.When you keep adding to your blog content, it sends a signal that you regularly update your site. Search engines take note of these changes. Adding a new page to your site is a signal that your site is active, and Google rewards you for this by improving your ranking.
Also, blogging allows you to rank for more key phrases because you can create content around the keywords you are planning to target. If you link a product page in your blog post, it will benefit you if someone links to your blog.
- It helps you to get in touch with your target audience – E-commerce blogging does not mean that you start selling your products and services to your prospects. It is a more subtle form of marketing where you try to explain certain aspects of your products and services to your prospects and win them over by gaining their trust. And, once your prospects develop trust in you, they will surely buy things which you recommend.Once you start writing relevant and useful blogs for your audience, it increases your credibility among your readers. You can write about the products and services you offer and how they can help improve their lives. This helps you to remain in touch with your target audience.
- It helps improve customer engagement – If you want to have a successful e-commerce business, you should pay special attention to customer engagement. Your e-commerce business needs blog posts as much as products. If you have an effective blog, it allows you to engage well with your customers.It is difficult to entice people with just the products that are listed on your site. But when you have a blog, you can build a narrative around products and services and gather customer feedback. You can create relevant content that helps them learn more about the products and services. It is the best way to generate customer engagement.You can also use your blogs to make announcements regarding product launches, upcoming discount sales, or even share promotional materials.
- You can create a community for your business – E-commerce blogging allows active collaboration because you can create a community for your platform. In case you put out blogs regularly, then you are sure to have visitors who will ask questions and answer other user’s questions. If you start interacting with your visitors here, it can help you create a community among your readers.The more you interact with your audience here, the more you will get to know about them which helps you to understand what they want and the way you should present it to them. This is bound to give you an edge over your competitors in the e-commerce business. You can build a product line that suits the taste of your audience. All this is sure to improve your sales.
- It improves your conversions and sales – The more you blog and interact with your prospects, the better are your chances of converting them and finally making a sale. Blogging can increase traffic to your e-commerce site which helps you improve your conversions and sales.If you put out relevant content for your readers, it is sure to increase your credibility in the market. And, the more credible you become for your readers, the better are the chances that they will buy from you.You can use your blogs to bring out interesting stories behind your products and services.
- It inculcates brand loyalty – When you provide relevant and useful information in your blog, you can build a brand that people can trust. A pertinent blog allows a brand to impart relevant information and tools to its users which is bound to inculcate brand loyalty. With regular blogging, you can grow a loyal fan base and build a brand.Blogging positions your organization as an expert in your industry. It (blogging) also expands your brand’s dimension because it gives your organization a platform to voice your opinions. And, if you complement good quality products with the useful information you provide to your users, your audience will keep coming back to you for repeat purchases.If you have an e-commerce store, and you want a content marketing strategy, you should get in touch with vStacks Software Solutions now. A full-service digital marketing company, vStacks Software Solutions is a content marketing specialist in the UAE.